Regal Park Developments Limited intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a strategic housing development at Walkers Lane, Annacotty, Limerick. The site is bordered to the north by the R445 Dublin Road, to the west by the Castletroy College Road and to the south by a local road named Walkers Lane.
The development will consist of:
- 137 no. residential units comprising 61 no. apartments, 51 no. duplex units and 25 no. houses.
- The apartments are divided across two blocks (A & B) of four and five storeys respectively accommodating 2 no. 3 bed units, 52 no. 2 bed units, and 7 no. 1 bed units;
- The duplex units comprise two and three storey units providing for 24 no. 3 bed units, 25 no. 2 bed units and 2 no. 1 bed units;
- The housing units comprise two and three storey units providing for 7 no. 4 bed units and 18 no. 3 bed units;
- The proposed development will also include the provision of communal and public open space including a playground facility;
- Apartment Blocks A & B accommodate resident services and amenities including shared co-living spaces and communal rooftop gardens at ground and first floor levels;
- Provision is made for a basement car park under Apartment Block B providing for 61 no. car parking in addition to 122 no. car parking at ground level A total of 120 no. bicycle spaces are provided within the apartment blocks and in 3 no. covered bicycle shelters.
- Access to the development is provided via a priority-controlled T-junction off Walker’s Lane, with a footpath and cycle lane extending along the full extent of the southern site boundary adjoining Walkers Lane. A setback has been accommodated within the proposed development along the western site boundary adjoining Castletroy College Road to facilitate future road widening.
- Provision of ESB sub-station, SUDS drainage, and all ancillary site development works necessary to facilitate the development.
- The total floor area of the development is 16,458.1sqm (excluding basement level of 1,969sqm.).